June 03, 2006

A Simple Salute


Daddy made me promise that I wouldn't do anything 'silly for Father's Day' this year. Since it isn't Father's Day, I can keep my promise can't I.

A partner is one who leaves a trail of thier snacks all over the house. Toothpaste in the sink. Your mate is the one who watches Sports Center. A lot.

And yet that same person can be a gifted parent, with an astonishing sense of detail. You only need look at the child to see how happy they are. I know someone like this...

He feels all of Bebe's little pains. He makes up strings of ridiculous nicknames for her and songs to go with them. Today he put every item of clothing on that she brought him from the laundry pile. When I walked in, she had a
bright green bathing suit with striped knit tights pulled over the top of them. Silly Bebe. Silly Daddy.

Happy early Father's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home