June 30, 2006

From Where We Have Come, Part II

Nana & Papa came for a quintessentially San Francisco visit. We had a twilight BBQ on the beach next to the glowing Golden Gate Bridge. Anja had her first smore. And a second... and another. Someone once said wisely that Grandparents and Grandchildren are natural allies. Nana apparently taught Anja "Are You Sleeping Brother John". She hasn't stopped singing Ding-Dong-Ding-Dong since.

If ever you crave surrealism, attend your 20 year High School reunion. One saintly person organized our entire reunion and, in her attempt to remember hundreds of details, she forgot the name tags with our 1986 grad photos (mine above). The reunion took place during a heat wave which made a bewildering game of "Do I know you?" even more fun. My short-term memory is embarrassing. My long-term, however, is sharp. I remember everyone. I remember most people's parents & siblings, details about them and conversations going back 30 years. I should have been a country doc... Remembering something, occasionally mistaken for 'knowing' something, that no one else does can make a person crazy. Many people at my reunion didn't remember me. Wasn't there an episode of The Twilight Zone where someone was trying to convince everyone that they knew him? Maybe I'm the only one who saw it...

What's New PussyCat?

One of the joys of parenting is exploiting your baby for cute little tricks to show others. Every baby has a song or a dance. This started out as Anja's diaper changing song, but one day she started singing along! (Click here for the vid, cuteness factor of 12.5 )

I leave you with Daddy and his pet
As peaceful as pre-Terrible Two's get

1 Comments:

Blogger Autumn Chaos said...

Even if I didn't know these two, I'd find this photo unbareably beautiful and sweet. I have one very similar of my daddy and me. :)

18/7/06 14:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home